Island House Hotel a Doubletree by Hilton
Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable Sales Manager for the Island House Hotel in Orange Beach, AL! We offer an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to prospect, sell, and maintain accounts to positively impact revenues for a "best in class" hotel!
- Handle and follow up on inquiries for small meetings/events with or without guestrooms. Follow up on leads by qualifying the customer's needs and dates for the event to determine if the business is a good fit for the property.
- Negotiate contracts and banquet event orders (BEO). Identify and price customer needs for the event, up-selling where possible, and closing the sale with the customer, collecting the customer deposit and signature on the BEO.
- Communicate group details/changes to all hotel departments, coordinating customer's needs with other property business and activities to ensure customer's expectations are met and the property operates efficiently.
- Conduct meetings with client and hotel staff to ensure each event meets client's expectations.
- Finalize and detail catering plans for groups contracted by assigned sales manager. Completely orchestrates these functions on-site or off-site. Empowered to do whatever it takes to solve problems.
- Prospect for new catering business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls, trade shows, attending community functions, blitzes, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, etc.
- Monitor blocked space to ensure group is meeting their contractual obligations. Initiate release of blocked space on cut-off date to allow sale of these rooms to other customers.
- Maintain account files in software system, ensuring accurate communication between client and hotel staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s). Use knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet, Hotel SalesPro or a similar system.
- Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management, listening, and math skills.
- Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
- Maintain contact and event information and follow procedures for submitting sales contracts
- Read and interpret documents and to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Looking for someone that is driven, dedicated that embodies the hotel equities culture.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to drive to appointments