Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable Hotel Comptroller for the Four Points by Sheraton in Long Island City, NY! We offer an award-winning winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to prospect, sell, and maintain accounts to positively impact revenues for a "best in class" hotel!
- Oversees all areas in finance such as payroll, budgeting, forecasting, etc…
- Ensures all functions of Accounting Department are accurate and timely
- Implements internal control procedures for all Food and beverage
- Daily and weekly with restaurant and catering to go over expenses and orders.
- Monitors and approves all sales, purchases, salaries, and expenses of the hotel
- Knowledge of M3 and other hotel accounting software
- Analyzes financial data of operations in order to educate and advise hotel staff and management on the value and benefits of internal controls and maintaining an efficient operation
- Assists and counsels all department heads in the interpretation of financial data and recommend courses of action to maximize profitability
- Prepares review, presents the monthly financials and the annual forecast throughout the year and advises hotel management, corporate office, and owners of any major variances and their impact on the operation
- Bank reconciliations
- Analysis of balance sheet accounts
- Prepares journal entries
- Closes books and prepares balance sheet
- Perform all accounting entries of business transactions to record daily financial data to the general ledger system.
- Compellation, review and proper coding of invoices and checks using appropriate accounting ledgers.
- Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform Controller of any discrepancies.
- Bill out and maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards.
- Resolving account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Perform all Accounts Receivable functions, including collection calls as needed.
- Assist in producing Financial Statements within designated time frame for preliminary distribution to hotel management.
- Participate in asset inventories.
- Verify cash deposits are made timely as needed..
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
**Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Hotel Comptroller may be asked to perform.
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check. EOE/DFW