Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Beach - Surfside is currently seeking a highly motivated and personable individual with experience in Sales and Marketing, Conference Services and Reservations (preferably within select service and/or Marriott). This individual will be in communication with Director of Sales to include daily reporting, processing and servicing of upcoming groups, meetings and events and includes communicating with all departments.
The Sales and Conference Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the sales department in achieving revenue and customer satisfaction goals by efficiently and effectively coordinating local meetings and catering sales efforts. Furthermore, the Sales Coordinator will be responsible for providing support to the sales team in executing contracts, proposals, and correspondence and reservations as needed. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with sales efforts in soliciting new business with guestrooms and meeting space
- Conducting site tours
- Assisting with hotel and sales related functions, parties, and blitzes
- Overseeing social networking sites, creativity encouraged
- Preparing and sending direct mail projects, sales packets, and collateral
- Providing assistance to the Director of Sales and Marketing
- Providing administrative assistance to the General Manager when needed
- Communicating and coordinating guests / group requests with other departments
- Answering and responding to incoming telephone calls while properly qualifying them
- Coordinating and ensuring the delivery of requested equipment and/or food for meeting rooms and special events in a timely and efficient manner
- Managing all meeting room reservations and coordinating details with other departments, including group agreements and set-up of meeting rooms
- Typing Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and routing event orders to proper departments
- Record and Inventory banquet/sales/AV items.
- Billing, post, charge and closing accounts accordingly
- Maintain file system with back up documentation
- Completing tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Support sales efforts.
- Attendance and timeliness required, attention to detail
- Assist with FIT/Wholesale contracts, reservations and allotments
**Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Sales Coordinator may be asked to perform.
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check. EOE/DFW