Position Title: Director of Engineering Maintenance
Accountable To: VP of Projects and Facilities
- Reports directly to the VP of Projects and Facilities
- Oversees Facilities services via Chief and Lead Engineers
- Chief and Lead Engineers answer directly to Director
- Coordinates and Executes Preventative Maintenance Programs
- Assists in development of best practices and procedures
- Coordinates Monthly Engineering Call with VP
- Prepare various documents for onboarding, training and procedures
- Visit new and existing properties to evaluate and assist with maintenance issues
- Assist in plan reviews as necessary
- Helps evaluate vendors and national accounts
- Evaluates bids for major repair or replacement of critical property systems (Boilers, Chillers, Roof, etc.)
- Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
- Oversee Daily Maintenance Issues
- Evaluate and Oversee Major Capital Expenses
- Oversee Lead Chief Engineer Program
- Assist LCE in supporting property level CE
- Help to develop engineering training programs
- Scrutinizes areas of under-utilized capacity and overhead; coordinates the strategic planning and marketing efforts to identify methods of increasing utilization or reducing overhead as appropriate
- Assists in the development of the annual maintenance operating budget and manages department expenditures within approved budget
- Inspects grounds, hotel buildings on a regular basis to ensure that all physical aspects of the hotel are fully functional at all times.
- Inspects and monitors hotels to ensure housekeeping, janitorial and laundry employees are meeting company standards.
- Implements, or directs the implementation, of all applicable Hotel Equities policies and procedures. Ensures compliance as needed.
- Negotiates with external maintenance vendors and suppliers as needed. Monitors and enforces contract terms via communication with the VP of Projects and Facilities.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of multi-unit property management or other building maintenance experience performing the duties of Maintenance Technician or Maintenance Director.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Solid performance management skills, including the ability to communicate performance expectations, document performance conversations, coach and document performance issues and complete performance management expectations as guided by the company.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion to make decisions designed to achieve company expectations and goals for the community.
- Basic computer skills, ability to using Microsoft Office and ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment
- 10+ years of experience in electrical/electronic engineering maintenance
- 3+ years of experience in hospitality industry
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering
- Position requires driving responsibilities; Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria motor vehicle policy standards.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strategic thinker
- Collaborative leadership style
- Unwavering commitment to quality
- Comfort with ambiguity and change
- Creative problem-solving skills
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop long-range business plans and strategies.
- Ability to establish the strategic direction and business plans for a functional group.
- Ability to manage complex projects and resources (people, costs, time)
- Ability to strategize, plan and implement change.
- Ability to understand, draft and negotiate Contractual Agreements.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial and statistical activity reports.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team player and leader.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management
- All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Company Standards
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings are required.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with the Company’s rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.