Position Title: Chief Operating Officer, Virtua Partners
Accountable To: Chief Executive Officer
Primary Objective of Position
Virtua Partners is a global private equity firm specializing in commercial real estate. The firm sponsors a variety of investment funds and commercial real estate projects across the United States and currently have over 16 million square feet of assets under management or development.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will provide strategic leadership for Virtua Partners and seven (7) additional operating real estate companies, a strategic partner to Hotel Equities. The COO will drive the integration of daily operations across various asset classes and growth platforms. This position requires strong leadership, communication and organizational skills combined with a high degree of operations, business and financial expertise. The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
This position is based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the organization
- Develop a deep understanding of the organization’s challenges and opportunities; gain buy‐in to execute a plan that supports the organization in making measurable and material progress towards the company’s vision
- Work collaboratively with members of the leadership team to establish a highly effective long‐term plan that culminates in a clear, measurable and realistic growth strategy
- Build trust and rapport with key internal and external stakeholders; establish presence as a reliable, trusted and valuable member of the leadership team
- Identify and implement actions that continually positions the business and brand(s) for greater exposure and customer engagement
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes
- Represent the company with clients, investors, and business partner
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- At least five years in a senior management role
- Extensive client relationship management experience required
- Experience in balancing company business needs with client and customer requests required
- Experience with underwriting, new construction and project management
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Business Acumen
- Results-oriented, creative and strategic leader to provide leadership to the operations group in supporting corporate and subsidiary initiatives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Travel required
- Demonstrate ability to provide a high standard of professionalism and strong customer service skills
- All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Company Standards
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings are required.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with the Company’s rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.