Hotel Equities is an award-winning hospitality development, ownership and management company. As our firms continues to experience historic growth, we have created a remarkable Vice President of Food and Beverage opportunity! Hotel Equities offers a winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed stakeholder expectations while making a distinct difference in people's lives.
The Vice President of Food and Beverage will be based out of our Atlanta, GA office.
We seek a creative and entrepreneurial leader who will support and lead the growing Food & Beverage discipline within Hotel Equities. In this role, you’ll provide consultative guidance with menu, kitchen, and banquet and outlet concept design while supporting our new hotel projects and field F&B leaders. You’ll be tasked to elevate our existing portfolio’s performance within all F&B disciplines KPI’s. The VP Food & Beverage reports to the SVP of Operations and will work closely with our Business Development, Construction and Projects Teams. A collaborative and team spirit is essential!
- Ability to set standards while developing metrics to audit and ensure compliance is essential.
- Drives and supports operational excellence while initiating action plans relating to food and beverage service, standards, supply management and compliance.
- Consistently upgrades food quality, concept, beverage service, product, efficiency and presentation.
- Implement necessary staffing levels, cost controls, food and beverage cost, and payroll compliance to maximize profit and expected levels of service.
- Ensures quality control for guest experience and product development in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- Remains current with industry & brand developments, competitive set and product.
- Reviews and analyzes financial and operating reports on a daily basis and initiates action to improve performance. Uses internal data sources such as financial reports, event P&L’s, KPI’s, event schedules and production budgets to monitor ongoing performance against established standards and objectives.
- Support other venue Food & Beverage operations as directed by senior management
- Assist with developing conceptual design the layout flow and equipment requirements for F&B facilities
- Maintain all current knowledge of brand standards and requirements as well as local and federal codes
- Assist in selection, recommendation & procurement of appropriate F&B FF&E & OS&E
- Minimum 10 years of progressive Food & Beverage Operational Management experience with direct responsibility for supervising and directing staff across a wide range of operating functions
- Multi-property culinary, and front of the house experience (Concessions, Bars, Lounges, Fine Dining Restaurants)
- Full Service Hotel experience is required, brand experience with Marriott & Hilton preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) codes and guidelines
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data with an emphasis on a budget planning model necessary.
- P&L management and capital planning experience required.
- In depth knowledge of facility management and local fire and building codes required.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, organizational and time management skills required PC skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Possess exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills necessary
- Experience in managing cross functional teams and building relationships
- Successful track record of measuring improvements in customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Demonstrates integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to company values, and principles while ensuring the upmost consistency
- Skilled at working collaboratively and in a team environment
- Adept at maintaining a positive, open, approachable, and professional relationship with a diverse group
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivational and organizational abilities are used often
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while managing multiple tasks
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of days, weekends, nights and holidays required
- Approximately 30% Travel (Canada & US) required
All candidates must be willing to submit to a drug test, background check and credit check with acceptable results. EOE/DFW