Hotel Equities is an award-winning hotel ownership, development and management company. We seek a dynamic, high energy, hands-on and results driven Regional Director of Accounting to lead our growing hotel portfolio. Hotel Equities offers a winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives.
The Regional Director of Accounting will be based in Edmonton, Canada. The salary compensation will be based on experience.
This dynamic individual is responsible for leading a team of accounting professionals, and overseeing the preparation of timely and accurate accounting records and financial statements for assigned managed properties in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and established standards. You will play a key role in driving the financial performance of your assigned portfolio.
- Manage the activities of the regional accounting team to ensure the timely and accurate preparation of accounting records and financial statements for the managed properties.
- Review and approve of property financial statements and monthly financial records.
- Role will also be expected to prepare hotel level financial statements as needs dictate.
- Plan and organize the work of the regional accounting team, adjusting team priorities as needed to ensure all reporting deadlines are met.
- Develop and implement procedures and necessary training to promote the efficient, effective and timely completion of accounting activities by property accountants.
- Oversee the accounting and internal control functions of the regional accounting teams to ensure compliance.
- Communicate with and provide training to the Operations team to assist with compliance.
- Assist with both internal and external audits to ensure complete, timely and accurate responses to information requests.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders including, owners, regional leaders, general managers and/or property accounting leaders.
- Research and provide analysis and insight into financial trends, operational issues and variances to budgets and forecasts as needed by the Operations team.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensure compliance and satisfaction of all government, company, franchise and ownership requirements throughout job performance.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Experience in Canadian tax matters including but not limited to remittances to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and yearend tax filings.
- Previous experience leading an accounting team.
- Site level Hotel or Hospitality Accounting experience.
- Detail and Task oriented, Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to relate to non-financial colleagues.
- Travel to region and or properties required.
- Prefer designated accountant with a minimum of 7 years at a Manager level.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
You must be willing to submit to a drug test, background check and credit check with acceptable results. EOE/DFW