Hotel Equities is an award-winning U.S & Canadian based hotel ownership, development and management company. We seek a dynamic, high energy, hands-on and results driven Vice President of Operations to lead our growing hotel portfolio in Canada. Hotel Equities offers a winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives.
The Vice President of Operations role is a remote position based in Canada. The salary compensation will be based on experience.
This dynamic candidate is responsible for the overall growth and operational success of our expanding Canadian hotel portfolio. Success in this role will be measured by exceeding performance in all KPI’s and best in class execution of strategies that support, strengthen and grow our hotel footprint while creating opportunities for our associates and enhanced performance and profitability for our stakeholders.
- Supervise a group of complex, full and select service assets across multiple brands.
- Provide both servant and strategic leadership to our growing Canadian team.
- Work with property-based and corporate support teams to drive performance in all KPI’s.
- Develop strong relationships with all in-market Ownership groups and brand partners. Communicate and touch often to instill confidence. Become the primary POC.
- Out-perform the comp set in RevPAR by shifting share, testing rate elasticity and delivering maximum revenue potential for each hotel.
- Ensure corporate support teams to ensure proper controls are in place to achieve budgeted forecast GOP and to meet or exceed flow-thru targets when revenue is either above or below budget and/or forecast.
- Ensure the GM and property-based leaders are properly preserving the assets ensuring cleanliness and condition are high as well as proper preventative maintenance programs are in place.
- Assist in overseeing annual operating plan process, reviewing and approving all components of plan before presentation to the owner.
- Develop further operation acumen, leadership, work approach and emotional intelligence skills in each of the hotel’s GM’s.
- Participate with business development on certain owner presentations, providing operational expertise to the underwriting discussion.
- Provide counsel to managers around the integration of our culture at all levels in our properties.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-10 years of Hotel General Management experience
- Experience working with Hilton, Marriott, and IHG branded hotels
- Experience with directly overseeing large, complicated full-service hotels and resorts; Leadership and organizational development
- Possess superior communication skills, oral and written
- Diplomacy, tact, and a helpful, positive, professional presentation and attitude are required
- Self-motivated, well organized, and results driven professional.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Highly computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel
- Travel up to 75% of time
Successful candidate will be subject to background record check.