The Revenue Manager for the Island Hotel RL in Fort Walton, FL is responsible for the development, execution, and measurement of strategic and tactical yield and inventory management to maximize rooms revenue via major distribution channels, including the GDS, Central and On-property reservations, website, social media groups and on-line travel agency internet sites.
- Support the General Manager and the Sales Team by providing pertinent information and tools to enhance the property’s sales and marketing efforts and decision-making processes.
- Identify, communicate, and execute opportunities to increase incremental revenue based on historical demand, regional, seasonal and competitive influences and market, group performance, price sensitivity by market segment, demand and reservation costs across multiple sales channels.
- This position, with assistance from the Director of Sales & Marketing, will provide short-term and long-term rooms revenue projections, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and full-year projections.
- Lead a consistent revenue management program.
- Provide strategic leadership to the Hotel Sales & Marketing, Food & Beverage and Rooms Department, contributing to superior revenue growth and overall profitability of the hotel
- Effectively incorporate the revenue management philosophy in all aspects of sales, marketing, and operations
- Lead training and information sessions with all parties, at all levels, involved in the revenue management process
- Conduct weekly revenue management meetings and as chair give synopsis of past strategies versus results and leads the discussion on current/future issues
- Lead development of key budgetary and forecast goals and objectives by market segment
- Support of Reservations Department in conjunction with the Front Office Manager/Supervisor
- Establish and maintain rate quotation strategies within the reservations department/CRO
- Analyze marketplace reports such as STAR & Hoteligence, Business Intelligence, and other marketplace measurement tools and present the revenue opportunities in the analysis
- Analyze trends by market segment based on day of week, booking window and season to better develop pricing strategies
- Develop analytical tools/stimulate discussions and analysis to determine effectiveness of selling, pricing and distribution strategies and determine the appropriate mix of business that will allow hotel to maximize both RevPAR and Market Share
- Research, identify and develop revenue management opportunities, techniques and practices that contribute to superior RevPAR growth and market share increases
- Explore market mix variations that would stimulate revenue
- Research and evaluation of e-Distribution channels to identify strategic partnerships and affiliations to maximize distribution for the organization
- Research opportunities for and recommend utilization of GDS advertising
- Utilize understanding of GDS including seamless rate displays, sequencing and property HOD’s
- Transform theoretical knowledge gained from analysis into the business cycle, booking cycle and long-term strategic planning
- Oversee development of pricing strategies for all negotiated business
- Consistently evaluate inventory selling process
- Develop LOS strategies for market segments to support Delphi programs. Develop, maintain long term and short-term group booking parameters for the effective utilization.
- Develop, monitor and maintain all short term and long-term forecasts as outlined by standards with forecasting to be demand based to coincide with pricing strategy
- Develop rooms revenue portion of annual budget by market segment
- Achieve 95% forecasting accuracy with respect to market segmentation goals.
- Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
- Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis; environmental scanning; market modeling; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts.
- Maintain performance measures of marketing efforts to analyze property program specific (ROI) Return on Investments
- Prepare monthly synopsis report on marketplace activity, booking pace, denials, OTA’a, brand page, statistics, staffing, sales policy, reservation and group market activity with an emphasis on strategic planning and actual results achieved.
- Develop budget to actual feedback and comparisons and report monthly achievements
- Prepare 30-60-90 Day Revenue Forecast on a monthly basis for presentation.
- Implementation of all revenue strategy and management of pricing in all applicable systems including but not limited to the GDS, Third Party channels and branded website
- Responsible for the monitoring/maintenance of the software programs including interfaces that support the management of room revenue
- Manage inventory and rate structure in all applicable systems to optimize revenues and margins consistent with the direction of Hilton DC National Mall.
- Support company in any technical transitions aimed at supporting the management of room revenue as they occur
- Actively participate in yearly budget process
- Manual reporting as necessary for the purposes of analysis/feedback
- This position reports to the General Manager with dotted line to corporate Director of Revenue.
- Must have good analytical and numeric skills for fast data crunching.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience as a Revenue Manager
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven understanding of restrictions, the reasoning behind them and the ramifications of using each restriction type.
- OPERA RedLion and Delphi software experience highly preferred.
The Island Resort RL provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.