The Chief Engineer for the Island Hotel RL in Fort Walton, FL is responsible for maintaining the overall operation of the maintenance department and the appearance and working order of the hotel, and is responsible for the administration of the company’s maintenance and life safety programs to include purchasing, preventative maintenance, equipment repairs, hotel security and life safety and supervision of the maintenance department
- Ensure customer satisfaction at all times, modeling and adhering to the Guest Service Standards
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of the maintenance staff department, inspecting work performance to ensure compliance to procedures, policies and
- Ensure effective scheduling to achieve both financial objectives and maintain product
- Monitor budget and control departmental expenses, including maintenance contracts, utility
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and Capital plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel
- Ensure compliance with all company, state, local and federal policies/guidelines pertaining to the maintenance of a clean, safe environment for associates, guests and
- Ensure proper operations of the hotel’s equipment and systems, to include life safety, telecommunications, key control, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, power plant, pool, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment and any other related systems and
- Ensure maintenance request orders are handled in a prompt and courteous manner including logging and follow
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and conduct employee performance evaluations of department
- Communicate with Assistant General Manager, OM and/or General Manager on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems, and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these
- Supervise any external contractors who may be employed by the hotel to carry out maintenance
- Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company,
- Adheres to all applicable Company SOPs
- Lead development of key budgetary and forecast goals and objectives by market segment
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in engineering and 2-3 years’ experience in leadership.
- Associate degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strongly prefer or have the ability and experience to acquire, a first class operating engineer’s license in boilers and air conditioning as
The Island Resort RL provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.