Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel ownership, development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a Vice President of Accounting to join our growing organization.
This critical role is responsible for the enterprise wide Accounting team who support a large hotel portfolio consisting of a diverse group of branded and independent hotels in the US and Canada. Responsibilities include the daily oversight and supervision of all staff accountants, timely production of monthly financial statements and periodic reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of reported financial results that comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The preferred candidate will be able to quickly identify process improvement opportunities to accelerate the timeliness and accuracy of all Accounting deliverables to both internal and external stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Must intentionally lead and appropriately challenge a tenured accounting team in a decentralized environment.
- Protection of assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls; monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits.
- Refresh all current Accounting SOP to ensure the timely review and delivery of monthly financial statements for all properties and operating entities.
- Oversight of cash management activities and cash flow analysis and forecasting.
- Oversees and manages Accounting Core (M3) accounting software.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data; recommend improvements through operating cost analysis; lead periodic cost reduction initiatives.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Serve as a liaison with external CPA in preparing tax returns for various entities.
- Provide training for accounting staff and encourage professional development of team members.
- Contribute to team effort by working with Vice President of Finance and other members of Executive Management.
- 10+ years’ experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- High sense of urgency, detail and process oriented, results driven
- Proven leadership in a team environment
- Hospitality experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA highly preferred