Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for an experienced Hotel Controller for The Island, by Hotel RL in Fort Walton Beach, FL! We offer an award-winning winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives.
The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations for a large full service hotel portfolio Responsibilities will include the production of monthly financial statements and periodic reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of reported financial results and comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs the activities and establishes the priorities of the accounting department.
- Protection of assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls; monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits.
- Review of monthly financial statements for all properties and operating entities.
- Oversight of cash management activities and cash flow analysis and forecasting.
- Oversees and manages Accounting Core (M3) accounting software.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data; recommend improvements through operating cost analysis; lead periodic cost reduction initiatives.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Serve as a liaison with external CPA in preparing tax returns for various entities.
- Provide training for accounting staff and encourage professional development of team members.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networks.
- Contribute to team effort by working with Vice President of Finance and other members of Executive Management.
- 5+ years experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- Proven leadership in a team environment
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or relevant field
- CPA highly preferred