33 Degrees, one of the fastest growing Commercial Real Estate property management, leasing and development companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable Vice President, Capital Markets. We offer a winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed client expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives. Our ideal candidate will possess a diverse skill set that is balanced with high energy, high accountability ad an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Vice President, Capital Markets will be based out of our Alpharetta, GA office. The salary compensation will be based on experience.
- The VP will be responsible for the sourcing, origination, underwriting, and due diligence associated with Debt and Equity placements (senior, B-piece, mezzanine, and preferred equity transactions). The VP will be responsible reviewing property related documents, reviewing third-party reports, preparing cash flow models and asset summary/credit committee reports. The VP is also responsible for the monitoring and asset management of the existing mortgage portfolio. He/she should be capable of independently completing a full underwriting assignment with minimal guidance.
- Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish and maintain relationships with Capital Markets players such as: lenders, brokers, servicers, and due diligence providers.
- Perform and oversee underwriting analysis on all mortgage loan products including complex financial analysis as needed.
- Lead Capital Markets (and all follow-up) Deal Team meetings to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of prospective loans, establish underwriting/closing timeline.
- Analyze third-party reports to determine if collateral is acceptable, analyzing title report and lien information, review financial statements and additional documentation to determine accuracy and compliance with portfolio and investor guidelines prior to approval. Ensure that all loan files are documented per portfolio and investor guidelines to ensure marketability.
- Review of specialized documents such as ground leases, regulatory agreements, franchise and management contract, and operating agreements/leases.
- Analyze and evaluate complex ownership borrower structures relative to legal and financial responsibilities and obligations.
- Request additional information and/or documentation from borrow, lenders, brokers, due diligence providers. Compile independent data and form conclusions on market conditions, management, property condition, and sponsor.
- Resolve distressed situations in need of work-out in order to maximize value of investments.
- Additional duties as deemed necessary by management.
- A strong knowledge of real estate markets; with a focus on the hospitality industry and the residential sector.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and technical skills, including the ability to analyze, underwrite and forecast property cash flows and valuations.
- Ability to size and price loans with proper structural features and negotiate term sheets and loan commitments.
- Successful track record and experience in the commercial mortgage loan origination, due diligence, and loan closing/negotiation processes.
- Team player who is organized, efficient, proactive, conscientious and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building skills, and marketing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Creative problem-solver with strong research skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret real estate market data/trends and financial information.
- Possesses a strong Rolodex and has established relationships with Capital Markets players.
- Ability to independently and pro-actively interact with, and gather data from borrowers, brokers, property managers, appraisers, attorneys, and other real estate professionals.
**Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that the SVP may be asked to perform.
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check. EOE/DFW
- Experience: 5+ years of progressive work experience in analysis of hospitality and commercial real estate, including duties such as market analysis, property inspections, reviewing financial statements, and sourcing and underwriting loan transactions. Appraisal experience is desirable for property valuation and market analysis.
- An undergraduate degree in a business-related field (i.e. Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Business).
- This position requires up to 20% travel.
- Strong math, verbal, writing, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to operate under demanding deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and work on several transactions simultaneously.
- Ability to recognize and mitigate risk.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work independently and in teams.
- Hospitality and Residential/Multifamily Industry related experience.