Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a Line Cook for the REVERB by Hard Rock in Downtown Atlanta, GA!
We offer an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to prospect, sell, and maintain accounts to positively impact revenues for a "best in class" hotel!
- Preparing food according to standardized recipes
- Ordering, and Inventory Control
- Excellent Cleanliness and Sanitation of the kitchen
- Training of associates
- Preparation of Banquets
- Completion of required documentation for food safety and prep charts
- Prepare food items for customers using a quality predetermined method in a timely and consistent manner.
- Will provide high-quality, attractive meals to guests in the banquet rooms, restaurant, lounge and room service.
- Set up station with predetermined visual and placement appeal, required to service all banquet functions and outlet plated items.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus, standard recipes, and preparation methods
- Practice sanitation and safety daily to ensure the total customer satisfaction.
*In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Maintain a Certified Food Manager designation
- Operate and clean equipment properly
- Promptly report all maintenance issues
- Properly receive and store food and other deliveries
- Consult with upper kitchen management on a daily basis as well as with other departments that are directly related to the Food & Beverage Department.
- Participate in long range planning.
- Participate, support and make recommendations for ongoing hotel programs with continues improvement in networking.
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
- Ensures all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner and that all Company standards are being applied
- Prevent wasted, spoilage and shrinkage
- Ensure proper receiving and storage procedures
- Participate in physical inventories
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time,
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, memorandums
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Perform other assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited to those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security Skills:
- Properly handle and account for keys
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures, lost and found items and security concerns
- Adhere to all state and federal requirements regarding to the sale of alcohol
- Adhere to all Health Department requirements
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area free of hazards
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ability to read recipes and follow their instructions.
- Ability to create appropriate buffet displays up to 5-6 feet in height and the ability to set up, maintain and breakdown same.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10 degrees F) and kitchens (+110 degrees F), possible for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Ability to physically handle knives, pots, mirrors, or other display items as well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen. Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height (banquet kitchen, prep kitchen, bake shop, etc.). Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slickers, buffalo chopper, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.
- Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, i.e., cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, safety and sanitation practices.
- Ability to create, builds, handle, and dismantle displays up to 8 feet high, including ice carvings.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in a limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis; must be able to stretch to fulfill cleaning/inspection tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing p to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. regularly.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Requires finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment.
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check. EOE/DFW