Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable Director of Sales for the new dual-branded Element by Westin and Springhill Suites by Marriott in Colorado Springs, CO. Hotel Equities offers an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to prospect, sell, and maintain accounts to positively impact revenues for a "best in class" hotel!
The Director of Sales will be responsible for the development and implementation of the total sales effort of the hotel, including securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining rapport and developing future business with existing contacts.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key clients in order to produce group business.
- Attending networking events, developing and maintaining good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups, companies, and trade organizations, and attending local and out-of-town meetings and conventions in order to generate sales for the hotel.
- Conducting site tours.
- Maintaining customer database via Hotel Sales Pro.
- Developing contracts and following up with customers.
- Developing and managing the departmental budget and monitoring sales activity and performance to ensure sales meet or exceed established profit plan and to accurately report variances/projections to management.
*Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Director of Sales may be asked to perform.
- Candidates for Director of Sales must have a minimum of 2+ years hotel sales experience.
- Previous sales experience within the hospitality industry required.
- Branded hotel experience.
- Market knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of Hotel Sales Pro.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office, Internet.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Display initiative, perseverance and analytical skills.
- Effective communication.
- Professional and ethical.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Quick learner and hard worker.
- Team player and ability to get along with others.
- Available to meet guests which may include weekends.
- Ability to read, write and speak English, with excellent grammar and communication skills (written and verbal).
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check. EOE/DFW