Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel owner, developer, and management companies in the industry, is seeking a dynamic Executive Chef for our newest luxury boutique hotel, The Kimpton Goodland in Fort Lauderdale, FL. We offer an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives.
As Executive Chef, you would be responsible for directing and administering the planning, preparation, production and control of all culinary operations in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and oversee all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulations, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability.
- Interact with guests and clients to monitor and assess satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
- Perform general management duties including, but not limited to, systems management, budget and forecasting, report generation, department management and meeting participation and facilitation.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
*Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that an Executive Chef may be asked to perform.
- 3 years culinary management experience is required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Catering experience in managerial capacity.
- Experience managing a kitchen and developing staff.
- Experience managing food costs.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Accountable and resilient.
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check. EOE/DFW