Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a Portfolio Accountant to join us!
Hotel Equities offers an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed our key stakeholders’ expectations and make a distinct difference in people’s lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to positively impact our “best-in-class” hotels!
This is a full-time, remote position with a Corporate Office based in Alpharetta, GA.
The Portfolio Accountant will be responsible for taking point with end of month closings including but not limited to the following:
- Financial Statement preparation.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Review of invoices and preparation of check runs.
- Cash Management.
- Preparation of State and Local Tax returns for sales tax, hotel occupancy tax, telecommunications tax, and other applicable taxes.
- Utilizing the M3 accounting system to record and reconcile accounting records.
- Various owner and Property requests as needed.
**Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Portfolio Accountant may be asked to perform.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- M3 Accounting strongly preferred.
- Experience with financial statement preparation.
- Multi-property experience.
- Demonstrated skill in exercising good judgment and decision making.
- Ability to manage financials effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrated ability to process new information quickly and respond aptly to change.
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills, with experience in solving “real-life” business problems.
- Solid project management skills, with ability to independently manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheets to manipulate large amounts of data and translate into meaningful analysis.
- Requires concentrated mental and visual attention and sitting in front of a computer more than 90% of the time.
- One to two years of professional accounting experience in a hotel management company strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in hotel industry also strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of M3 accounting software.
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check. EOE/DFW