Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable General Manager for the 101 Room Four Points By Sheraton Lake Norman in Charlotte, NC! We offer an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests’ expectations and make a distinct difference in people’s lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to operate a “best in class” hotel.
- The General Manager will be responsible for the overall operation of the hotel including hiring, training, budgeting, sales, guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction, owner satisfaction, revenue management, and timely reporting.
- Ensure property hiring and all employee practices comply with company and legal requirements.
- Monitors performance, develops and guides associates in career paths.
- Selects, trains, and directs department supervisors and other associates as necessary keeping them well versed in all policies and procedures.
- Develop annual operating and capital budgets.
- Comply with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Have a proven track record of meeting budgets, understanding P&L statements, and cost controls.
- Leads and actively participates in the hotels Sales & Marketing effort and assists with developing annual Marketing plans.
- Proven ability to deliver exceptional guest service results as measured through guest satisfaction.
*Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that an General Manager may be asked to perform.
- Candidates for General Manager must have a minimum of 5+ years hotel management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Full Service experience required.
- Food + Beverage experience required.
- Starwood/Marriott background strongly preferred.
- Galaxy/Lightspeed experience is strongly preferred.
- Desire to operate an excellent hotel.
- Strong financial knowledge is required.