Hotel Equities, a multi-award-winning hotel development and hospitality management company, is currently searching for an Event Services Manager for the 381 room Kansas City Airport Marriott in Kansas City, MO.
Your expertise shapes us:
The Event Services Manager serves as the key contact for the Meeting Planner and ensures all requirements of the group details are fulfilled by the hotel. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Creates and provides best practices for the Event Management team and the Food & Beverage team.
- Performs catering sales duties and aids in managing accounts to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Upsell features of the hotel to ensure all catering revenue goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Creating banquet event orders, group resume and finalizing function details to include everything pertaining to the success of all group room blocks.
- Overseeing the booking and maintaining of group room blocks. Handling guest’ calls, obtaining all pertinent information to complete reservations.
- Communicates with other departments to ensure proper handling and servicing of
- Maintains all files, correspondence, and records in the
- Answers telephones and responds appropriately to
- Travels locally to build partnerships and to attend networking events.
- Prepares information, meets with, and entertains clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that
- Represents Hotel at trade shows, as needed.
- Is able to own all facets of detailing a group room block by learning MARSHA reservation system.
- Orders amenities for meeting planners or VIP’s.
- Increases visibility of the Hotel by actively participating in the
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- An experienced Sales and/or Events Manager with 2-5 years of hotel experience.
- Experience with Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Wyndham or Hyatt.
- Working knowledge of MARSHA, DELPHI or Sales Force.
- Can consult with meeting planners to identify optimal meeting rrom configuration, make recommendations on meetings/break flow, menu planning, food and beverage coordination.
- Seal the deal attitude! Direct booking, detailing and servicing of small meetings and guest room blocks (less than 30 room nights).
- Able to communicate contracts, proposals, banquet event order and group resumes to a high performing team.
- Sets a positive example of guest relations.
- Well organized, detail oriented and ability to work independently.
- Display initiative, perseverance and analytical skills.
- Team player, professional and lead with integrity
- Ability to read, write and speak English, with excellent grammar and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Engaged, authentic, and prepared to positively impact performance for "best in class" service!
Hotel Equities is an award-winning hospitality company with a diverse culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives.
At Hotel Equities, we have redefined business culture and captured it in our core values. From our Atlanta-based headquarters throughout all of our hotels, these values aren’t posted on a wall and ignored. They define who we are and how we conduct ourselves with investors, guests and one another.
Vision & Mission - Hotel Equities Atlanta Georgia
What we can offer you:
- Salary based on experience
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Vacation and Sick Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Discount programs for shopping, travel, tickets and more.
- Access to our Talent team to help you reach your career growth goals.
Local candidates preferred. Relocation not offered.
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Event Services Manager may be asked to perform.