Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable Director of Sales to join us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Edmonton! We offer an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed our key stakeholders’ expectations and make a distinct difference in people’s lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to positively impact our “best in class” hotels!
Primary Objective of Position
Development and implementation of the total sales effort of the hotel, including securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, supervising activities of sales personnel, and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Solicit business within different market segments via tele-prospecting and outside sales calls
- Maintenance of accounts with existing contacts to maintain rapport and develop future business; Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group business, to include room sales, F&B sales and catering/banquet services.
- Attendance of networking events; Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups, companies and trade organizations, and attend local and out of town meetings and conventions in order to generate sales for the hotel.
- Conduct site tours
- Upkeep of customer database via Hotel Sales Pro
- Develop contracts and follow up with customers
- Develop and manage the departmental budget and monitor sales activities/performance to ensure sales meet or exceed established profit plan and to accurately report variances/projections to management.
- Responsible for the co-development of hotel-level tactical sales plans to support overall system- wide plans/strategies and programs.
- Assist the General Manager in the development and update of the hotel-level business plan to include input on sales goals and plans that support the overall business and sales strategies of the company.
- Follow all applicable Company Standard Operating procedures
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
Education and Experience
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Previous sales experience within the hospitality industry
- Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office, Internet
- This job description is not an “all-inclusive’ list of the duties and responsibilities of this position or of the skills and abilities required to perform this position.
The successful applicant must be willing to submit to a background record check.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed