Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable General Manager to join us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown in Edmonton, AB!
We offer an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed our key stakeholders’ expectations and make a distinct difference in people’s lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to positively impact our “best in class” hotels!
Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to ownership.
Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations, increased profit and market share.
Holds property leadership team accountable for strategy execution, and guides their individual professional development. The position ensures sales engines are leveraged and initiates independent and proactive sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand.
Ensures the objectives and goals of management company and property owners; work together to achieve brand positioning and success.
Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
The position is actively involved in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers.
- Lead, though subordinate staff, the effective management of the Rooms, Food & Beverage and Engineering functional areas to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing levels of guest satisfaction.
- Direct the maximization of room revenue by anticipation of market shifts, development and monitoring of annual business and marketing plans, and participating in appropriate national marketing efforts.
- Measure the effectiveness of broad-based marketing plans and yield management efforts to maximize the number of market segments needed and to diversify the sources of revenues.
- Ensure the development of a realistic and attainable strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability objectives.
- Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image, and to protect assets from neglect, damage or deterioration.
- Conduct regular staff and associate meetings.
- Establish and oversee maintenance of a proactive, productive, participative and comfortable work environment in which all associates are valued and treated lawfully and consistently, and to ensure compliance with all provincial and federal Labour employment laws.
- Directly facilitate open associate communications to discern grievances and to respond to these grievances in all appropriate manners including redressing those meriting correction.
- Direct, manage train and counsel sales, catering and revenue management staff.
- Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings.
- Ability to assess/evaluate other associates performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Have extensive knowledge of revenue management.
- Participate in the development of short and long term financial and operational goals of the hotel.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
- Possess advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within all hotel disciplines, including experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Ability to apply supervisory/management (soft) skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities and competitive markets.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Adhere to Company Standard Operating Procedures as well as and policies and procedures contained (but not limited to) in the associate handbook.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings and memorandums
- Be available to help all departments in emergency situations
- Perform other assignments as directed by the corporate office
Safety and Security
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
Education and Experience
- Hilton experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Hotel/Restaurant or Business Administration, or equivalent
- Minimum of six years’ hotel management experience required
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
Successful incumbent will be subject to background check.