Hotel Equities, a multi-award-winning hotel development and hospitality management company, is currently searching for a remarkable Front Desk Agent for the Courtyard by Marriott Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns. Warm, knowledgeable service and helpful guidance reassure guests they’ve made the right choice to stay with us.
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information. Promote “preferred” guest program and provide recognition and benefits to all current members.
- Accept payment for guests’ accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout. Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily. Cash checks and exchange currency for guests
- Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes. Post miscellaneous charges as requested.
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest complaints
- Answer telephone promptly and properly being polite, courteous, and friendly
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in taking reservations
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in performing Check-ins
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in performing Check-outs
(If applicable) Operate or assist with shuttle or transportation Service in a timely and courteous manner
- Assist guests with luggage upon their arrival to and departure from the hotel
- Use the guests’ names
- Be knowledgeable and helpful about the local area, the hotel and hotel services
- Handle messages, wake-up calls, mail, and faxes properly
- Assist guests’ with laundry/dry cleaning needs
- Know of incoming VIPs
- Follow all applicable Company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform other assignments as directed by the General Manger.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, log books and bulletins
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not
- limited to those contained in the associate handbook.
- Safety and Security Skills
- Properly handle and account for keys
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Aggressively seek and react to opportunities to sell rooms, including re-rents, and last rooms available
- Have complete knowledge of hotel rooms, function space, restaurant (if applicable), other outlets, and
- services; have in depth knowledge of and regularly re-stock and sell pantry items
- Increases revenues by offering customers upgraded rooms and promoting hotel amenities and outlets
- Have full understanding of franchise honors program
- Ensure all customers establish credit upon check-in. Improves timeliness of cash flow by adhering to all established credit and inventory control procedures:
- Verifies all information on reservations check-in; name, address, method of payment, etc.
- Retrieves proper name and address verification and proper approval codes for cash and credit card paying customers
- Identifies and records special billing instructions and notifies accounting
- Completes shift closing accurately by getting appropriate approval signatures and authorization codes
- Adheres to hotel policies regarding the use of cash banks
- Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing the communication log book each shift; updates log book for next shift
- Report potential sales contacts to the sales department protection of guests’ room numbers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
High School diploma /Secondary qualification or equivalent.
One-year of front desk/guest service experience is strongly preferred.
Experience with Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Wyndham or Hyatt processes and systems
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities; General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its attractions.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment
- Being passionate about people and service.
- Strong communication skills are essential when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when completing paperwork, logging issues/complaints/requests/ information updates, etc.
- Basic math skills are used frequently when handling cash or credit.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, and training abilities are often used.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
Amazing Benefits At A Glance:
- Competitive pay rate
- Team Driven and Values Based Culture
- Career Growth Opportunities/ Manager Training Program
- Reduced Room Rates throughout the portfolio
- Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Referral program